Now all ready to move, but don’t know what to do next…start packing! And see the moving checklist below, to help YOU with all aspects of your move to go smoothly!
You may also download a PDF copy here
Send Change of Address Cards To:
- Post Office
- Change Accounts
- Subscriptions (i.e. magazines)
Obtain Medical Records:
- General Practitioner
- Other Doctors
- Civic Organizations
Transfer Bank Accounts:
- Credit Cards
Safety Deposit Box
Disconnect Utilities & Advise Where Final Bills Are To Be Sent (Get refund for deposits made):
- Cell Phone
- Cable TV
- Water Heater Rental
Notify Appropriate Government Offices:
- Veterans’ Affairs
- Old Age Security
- Canada Pension Plan
- Income Tax
- Unemployment Insurance
- Family Allowance
- Maternity Benefits
- Vehicle Registration
- Driver’ s License
- Health & Hospital Insurance
Notify Insurance Companies :
- Home Owners
- Leave Keys For New Occupant on Final Moving Day.
- See If Your Will Must Be Rewritten When Moving Across Provinces.
- Obtain School Records For Children & Birth/Baptism Records For Family.
- Check With Insurance Agent On Coverage of Life/Car and Household Goods.
- Leave Necessary Legal Papers With Your Realtor.
- Make Arrangements With Moving Company.
- Have Car Tuned-Up For Trip.
- Obtain Legal Records.
- Have Drug Prescriptions Refilled.